Presentations should be simple and not overly formal. However, you will need to research the specifics in order to present a charity and answer the thoughtful questions our members will ask. When you are ready to present your organization here is a list of things that you should be prepared to discuss:
- What is the formal name and origination of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What purpose does the organization serve? (who do they serve? what do they do? how do they do it?)
- How would the organization benefit from receiving the donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- Who is responsible for discharging funds?
- What are their administrative fees? (Hint: they should not have any!)
- Are they a recognized 501(c)(3)?
- If chosen, to whom would the group make a check payable to? What is the formal name of the group?